TOP FIVE UNKOWN GOLD FACTS
1. There is 6 tons of gold in ever cubic kilometer of the ocean. That’s about 10 billion tons of gold in the oceans; however, there’s no known way to economically recover it.
2. The largest gold nugget, named Welcome Stranger (pictured below), was found in Australia, weighing at 152 lbs.
3. A one ounce gold nugget is so hard to find that you are more likely to find a karat diamond.
4. Currently the Olympic gold medals are only covered with 6 grams of gold, but in 1912 they were made of solid gold.
5. 1849 Gold Rush miners inspired the name of San Franciscos’ 49ers.