Cash for Silver
Get the most for your silver.
999 bars & coins
$21.00 / oz
$0.30 / g
$0.25 / g
How It Works
We test the purity and weight of your silver.
We provide a quotation valid for the day.
Choose whether to SELL or LOAN your silver.
Receive your money on the spot.
We buy all types of silver.
Bars and Coins
* Please note that we do not accept silver plated items or knives
Identifying your Silver:
Sterling silverware marks
You can identify whether your item is silver plated or sterling by looking at the marks on each piece. All sterling items will have a hallmark indicating the composition. Most often sterling is indicated by a lion passant stamp if the set originated from Britain. In Canada or the USA, it is most often indicated by the word “sterling” which is stamped into each piece.
Silver Jewellery Marking
The “.925” in sterling silver jewellery indicates that 92.5% of the metal is sterling silver, and the remaining 7.5% are alloy metals that may vary from product to product. Most sterling silver jewellery is made from alloys of silver and copper, however, other metals may be present.
99.9% silver is known as “Fine silver.” 925 Sterling silver jewellery components made in the USA and Canada are often stamped “Sterling.” Goods made for international trade are often marked “925,” indicating the 92.5% fineness. “Coin” silver is used in some countries and may be marked either “900” or “800,” depending on fineness.
Silver plating was discovered back in the 18th century. Electrodes would cover copper with a thin layer of silver. Use of silver is minimal, so is the cost. The silver content in silver plated products is so small, there is no silver value in such products. Most common silver plate marks are: E.P., Electroplate, Plate, S.P., EPNS. We at Cash M Company do not buy silver plated items.